Help Manor New Tech High School student group, the Eco-Pirates, win the National Lexus Eco Challenge by donating your old electronics. They will recycle these products safely to ensure that they do not end up in a landfill. The Eco-Pirates recently won a $10,000 prize for their project to reduce Garbage Patches of trash floating in the sea.
Group member John MacInnes said, “we want to prevent trash from killing wildlife and making rivers, lakes, and the oceans a very disgusting place. There is a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean that is TWICE the size of Texas and if you don’t help the environment it will even get as big as the United States. So please send on this letter to your friends and colleagues and spread the word about throwing away electronics that end up in landfills.”
Drop off your electronics today at ANY Manor ISD campus. The drive ends February 24th, 2012.
These are the items that will be accepted in the electronic recycle bins.
- Computers, Printers, Keyboards, Mice, Modems, Hubs, Routers, Scanners, Monitors
- VCR’s, Video Game Consoles, DVD Players, Flat Panel TV’s
- Telecom Gear, Cell Phones, Wireless Gear
- Irons, Hair Dryers, Flashlights
- Copy Machines, Fax Machines, Radios
- Battery-Operated Toys & Tools, Electric Pianos
To learn more about the contest click here http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lexus-and-scholastic-announce-second-round-of-winners-in-the-2011-2012-lexus-eco-challenge-2012-02-07